How to apply: Senior Software Developer
GDI takes pride in creating opportunities for personal growth and achievement. To apply for a job opening, please email your latest CV in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com, with the job title applied for in the subject line.
General Role Description
Responsible for writing and coding individual programs from specific requirements and participating in the analysis & design. Solving computer problems using existing systems or incorporating new technologies to meet needs. Test both hard and software systems and diagnose and fix faults. Also, this role is to support & guide the junior developers.
- Develop technician documents such as Program SEPX, URS, Design Document, etc.
- Conducts reviews of supplied specifications, with others as appropriate
- Documents all work in accordance with agreed standards
- Take part in reviews of own work
- Take part in reviews of the work of colleagues
- Take part in client/user meetings and assist in presenting issues and solutions both orally and in writing
- Assists in defining, planning, and justifying (in business terms) projects to develop/implement an automated non-automated component of new or changed processes
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of any relevant field within information systems
- Investigate problems and other requests for support and determine appropriate actions to take as and when required
- Provide response to requests for support for system modifications, developing work-around or site-specific enhancements, manipulation of data, reconfiguration of systems, and amendment of operating procedures, training users or operations staff, and producing additional documentation. Escalating when received, requests to systems development staff or software suppliers.
- Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods, and procedures.
- Within a project environment, apply data analysis and data modeling techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of the business process. To establish, modify or maintain a data structure and its associated components.
- Assist in the systems testing of platform-specific versions of the software product(s), documenting faults, implementing resolutions, and re-testing to agreed standards.
- Maintain the configuration management system, including the configuration management database (CMDB), ensuring that necessary data, forms, and Configuration Items (CI’s) are available for use by all authorized personnel
Technical Skills Requirements
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
- Minimum of 5-6 years experience in SDLC
- Certification in JAVA, DOT NET or equivalent
- Experience in Access, SQL, Server, DB2, Oracle, Informix, and Sybase.
- Experience in programming Languages JAVA, Dot Net, COBOL, C++, Visual Basic, and SQL
- Experience in TIBCO ActiveMatrix BPM is a strong advantage
- Experience working with Angular is a strong advantage
- Experience working with Spring Boot is a strong advantage
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Go, Python, Java or/and Node.js is a strong advantage
- Solid experience with React Native, Android, or/and Xamarin is a strong advantage
- Exposure to architectural patterns of RESTful web applications
- Extensive working knowledge of coding using .NET languages (C+, VB, .NET), Angular JS, React Native, Rest APIs, SOAP
- Familiarity with the .NET framework
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem-solving and pays close attention to detail.
- Appreciates the importance of commercial constraints.
- Has acquired an understanding of IS concepts, and database practices, particularly those used within own organization.
- Shows good interpersonal skills, especially with regard to the communication of technical matters to non-technical people.
- Is aware of the concepts of object and data modeling, data management, databases and database management systems and techniques.
- Has knowledge of the development life cycle and the use of information as a resource.
- Is aware of the appropriate corporate data standards.
- Has some knowledge and understanding of the appropriate professional and/or legal data standards.
- Within a limited time, horizon, is able to plan and schedule own work competently.
- Thorough knowledge of two or more software platforms.
- Good knowledge of at least one software product.
- Has a rudimentary understanding of business processes.